Last updated April 2020
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when ICEA LION Group (ICEA LION) collects personal information about you when you use ICEA LION.com.
ICEA LION is committed to protecting your personal information when you use ICEA LION services. Whenever you provide such information, we will only use your information in line with all applicable local data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your information will be kept in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle.
What information will we collect about you?
When you use ICEA LION.com we will collect the following information (among others) about you:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
ICEA LION collects information about how you use ICEA LION.com via our website and the device(s) that you use to access the service. This includes collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet. For more information, see our section on ‘cookies’ below.
How will ICEA LION use the information it collects about me?
ICEA LION will use your personal data for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide our ICEA LION product guide and enable you use our self-service portal.
- To respond to feedback, queries and complaints that you submit through our feedback form.
- To send you marketing communications about ICEA LION products and services. We will only do this where you give us your clear consent to do so.
- To provide our digital brand guidelines to you through our self-service portal.
The lawful justification for collecting and using your personal data for ICEA LION self-service portal is to ensure you are able to interact and use our online systems as necessary.
The lawful justification for sending marketing communications about ICEA LION products and services to you is that you have given clear consent for your personal data to be used for this specific purpose. You are always in control of your data. You can opt in or out of receiving marketing communications during the registration process.
You can also unsubscribe from ICEA LION marketing communications by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ on the footer of an ICEA LION marketing email.
The lawful justification for matching the data we collect with other data that we hold about you if you have used ICEA LION products and services before is because we have a legitimate business interest for your personal data to be used for this specific purpose. This enables us to send you relevant and personalised content designed to make your experience with us smoother and more enjoyable.
We have conducted an assessment to make sure that the benefits to you are equal to the benefits to us. You have the right to object to this processing which you can exercise by contacting privacy@ICEALION.com.
Please note that if you object, this may affect our ability to send personalised marketing communications to you. Your information will be handled and used by our trusted third parties including the following recipients in order to deliver services provided on ICEA LION.com:
- ICEA LION staff managing ICEA LION.com and marketing communications
- Customer service agents employed by ICEA LION
We will keep your information within ICEA LION and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law, for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies. Some of our trusted partners that we share your personal data with may need to transfer personal data overseas. As we are responsible for your personal data, we always ensure that your information remains protected and secure when being transferred.
How long will ICEA LION keep my information?
Your personal detail for ICEA LION self-service portal will be retained for a period of 7 years at which point all of your personal details are removed from our systems.
Your personal details for marketing communications will be retained for a period of three years from the date of your last interaction with the marketing communication (i.e. opening an email or clicking on a link within the email) at which point all of your personal details is removed from our systems.
Where you tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing messages about ICEA LION products and services, we will keep this information about you until you tell us otherwise. This is to ensure that we don’t send you any further marketing communications in error.
What rights do I have over my personal data?
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulations and most other data protection laws, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data by making a subject access request
- Rectification, erasure or restriction of your information where this is justified
- Object to the processing of your information where this is justified
- Data portability
To exercise your rights, please contact the ICEA LION Data Protection Officer using the following contact details: Email: privacy@ICEALION.com
Privacy & Cookies
The different types of cookies we use
ICEA LION use the following categories of cookies on our websites:
- Strictly necessary –These cookies are essential for certain features of our websites to work for example when you make payments through the self-service portal. These cookies do not record identifiable personal information and we do not need your consent to place these cookies on your device. Without these cookies some services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance –These cookies are used to collect anonymous information about how you use our websites. This information is used to help us improve our websites and understand how effective our adverts are. In some case we use trusted third parties to collect this information for us which may include recording your use of our websites but they only use the information for the purposes explained. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. You have the right to object from being recorded on our websites by clicking here.
- Functionality –These cookies are used to provide services or remember settings to enhance your visit for example text size or other preferences. The information these cookies collect is anonymous and does not enable us to track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
- Targeting and Advertising – These cookies are used by trusted third parties to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. Information contained in these cookies is anonymous and do not contain your personal information.
- Managing cookies –If you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from ICEA LION and our third party advertisers, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you choose to disable all cookies we cannot guarantee the performance of our websites and some features may not work as expected.
- Links to other websites –This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates here. At the start of this privacy notice, we will tell you when it was last updated.