Our ICEA LION Trust Company is looking for a suitable candidate for a Business Development Officer role. The Business Development Officer role is growing business through gaining new customers by providing competitive quotations to clients, generating revenue through diverse distribution channels, new business processing, and retaining existing accounts by providing excellent customer service.
The BDO’s job description will include:
- Providing and sending competitive quotations to prospects.
- Looking for and opening new markets.
- Preparing and writing proposals for submission and tender processing
- Processing of documentation for new business acquisition.
- Consulting on the most effective cover for a particular need, while taking a number of factors into account.
- Setting up meetings, preparing and delivering presentations to potential clients.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with stakeholders (trustees and scheme administrators) and existing customers.
- Ensuring credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products.
- Delivering good customer service by responding swiftly to queries and concerns from clients.
- Maintaining and updating all forms of business contacts.
- Gathering customer service feedback and reporting on intellectual and operational issues raised by clients.
- Providing management with market feedback and intelligence
- Ensuring compliance with the regulatory requirements as laid down by regulatory bodies
- Attending meetings for Trustees/AGMs, and member education on retirement benefit plans.
- Training scheme administrators and trustees
- Preparing regular management reports.
Applicants for this vacancy should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or social science related field from a reputable university.
- Reasonable progress toward professional qualification(s) in pensions or equivalent, would be and added advantage
- At least four (4) years’ experience in retirement benefits/schemes administration
- Must demonstrate ability to sell and market products.
- Appreciable understanding of the Kenya pension market and scheme administration, the prevailing business environment and products by the competition.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including ability to develop proposals
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including ability to build alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work well with people at all levels in the organization.
- Good customer relationship management skills (internal and external customers)
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Confidence presenting to large groups of people.
- Project management skills
- Strong business acumen / business orientation
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision
- Trustworthiness and discretion when handling confidential information.
- Enjoy networking and meeting new people
Suitable applicants to share their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below.